What a sweetie! I love this bewitching little cutie sittin' pretty on a pumpkin. I even kept my New Year's resolution to attempt water coloring this year. OK, it's July . . . but it's still 2010, right?
So which water coloring method did I use? I tried several (and my trash
bin contains proof that they weren't all a good fit–LOL). However, I
settled on using my Stampin' Up! Stampin' Write Markers and an Aqua
Painter to bring my little witch to life. Here's a tutorial from
Splitcoaststampers with details on How
to Use Stampin' Up! Markers to Watercolor.
Check out Julee Tilman's latest Mojo Monday Round or Square Sketch (MOJO149).
STAMPIN' PRETTY TIPS:
- BIG TIP: Allow neighboring colors to dry before water coloring "next door." You can always use a heat tool (100005) to speed the drying process.
- Note the shadowing on the left side of the witch and pumpkin to add depth and enhance the watercolor effect. That's a touch of Sahara Sand . . . a tip I learned from my Stampin' Pretty Pals Ann Schach and Melissa Young.
- This card is 5 1/4" square. It fits "juuuuuust right, Goldilocks" inside a Stampin' Up! Medium Square Envelope (107289).
- Gotta love the touch of bling the Stampin' Up! stick-on Jewels Basic Rhinestones provide.
- I sponged VersaMark on the edges of the card base using a Sponge Dauber. Start OFF the card (with scratch paper below your project) and work toward and onto the card edges in a circular motion.
THANK YOU!! To my customers, readers and fellow demonstrators, thank you for your kind comments and inspiration to create. You are such a big part of my recent honor at the convention of reaching #6 Stampin' Up! Demonstrator of the Year. I'll be sharing more details soon!
Stamp Sets: Greeting Card Kids (Wood Mount 119887, Clear Mount 120633), Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370), Punch Potpourri (Hostess Level 1: Wood Mount 118394, Clear Mount 120124)
Paper: Island Oasis Designer Series (117173), Pumpkin Pie (105117), Old Olive (100702), Rich Razzleberry (115316), Watercolor Paper (105019)
Ink: Jet Black Stazon (101406), Stampin' Write Markers: Pumpkin Pie (100076), Peach Parfait (Assorted In Colors, 119801), More Mustard (100076), Rich Razzleberry (120970), Old Olive (100079), Sahara Sand (105105), VersaMark Pad (102283)
Cool Tools: Big Shot Die Cut Machine (113439), Scallop Square Bigz Clear Die (115950), Scallop Trim Punch (118402), Boho Blossoms Punch (119858), Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border (119275), Aqua Painter (103954), Sponge Daubers (102892)
The Perfect Touch: Basic Rhinestone Jewels (119246), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)