you ready to play
this week's Pals
Paper Arts Memorial Day Inspired Challenge (PPA43)? Grab your red, white and blue (or experiment, too) and join
the challenge using any
brand of stamping supplies you wish.
the PPA Design Team's Memorial Day Inspired Samples.
- This sweet and sturdy Gable Box doesn't require a die-cutting machine. Check out Beate's Video Tutorial to learn how easy it is to make and assemble.
- The box begins with a 8.5" x 11" sheet of card stock (I used Night of Navy). Finished it measures approx. 3" x 2 1/4" x 6 1/4".
- The July Fourth stamp set I used (Summer Mini Catalog), was spot-on for Memorial Day and would be delightful for a spirited birthday card, too!
- The Silver Jumbo Brad adds the perfect polish. The "legs" are wrapped
around the top layer of the knot.
- The layered stripes on the 3 x 3 mini card were inspired by a sample on p. 67 of the Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog. Get out your scraps!
Stamp Sets: July Fourth (Summer Mini Catalog: Wood-Mount 118523, Clear-Mount 120063), In a Word (Summer Mini Catalog: Wood-Mount 117143, Clear-Mount 120057), Hero Jumbo Wheel (116229)
Paper: Real Red (102482), Night of Navy (100867), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Real Red (103133), Night of Navy (102977)
Cool Tools: Circle Scissor Plus (112530), Glass Cutting Mat (112531), Large Star Punch (110710), Star Punch (109045), Large Oval Punch (107305), Corner Rounder Punch (109047), Scor-Pal (non-SU)
The Perfect Touch: Real Red 5/8" Satin Ribbon (Summer Mini Catalog, 117286), Silver Jumbo Brad (5/8" Neutrals, 112533), Whisper White 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (109025), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)