Whether you prefer Beyonce's or Justin Timberlake's Saturday Night Live version of "Single Ladies," these charming Build-A-Bear "single ladies" are strutting their stuff today. Since the Grammy Awards aired, this song relentlessly runs through my head . . . "oh, oh, oh," here we go again . . . "All the Single Ladies, All the Single Ladies . . . "
Whenever I use the Stampin' Up! Build-A-Bear dies, I feel like a kiddo assembling paper dolls. It's great fun to mix and match designer paper, clothing and accessories. Each card today makes a "fashion statement" and is personalized for my grandnieces, Melina and Eleni. Let's start with Melina's card today. I'll share Eleni's details tomorrow.
STAMPIN' PRETTY TIPS:
- A light bulb moment for me! I realized I could snip out the house from Welcome Neighbor Designer Series (a Sale-A-Bration free gift) and "open" the door. It's the perfect scale next to my bear for a play house.
- Layering over the Top Note Die (in Bermuda Bay Textured Card Stock), gives a zippy contrast.
- Small designer series prints work beautifully to mirror fabric. To dress my bear, I used a wee heart pattern from Welcome Neighbor Designer Series Paper (shirt) and a polka dot from Bermuda Bay Designer Series (skirt).
- Need a quick hat? I adhered Large and Small Ovals of Pumpkin Pie card stock with a couple Stampin' Dimensionals. A flower (Boho Blossoms Punch) and bling (Circle Rhinestone Brad), complete the look.
- Get a big, bold monogram with Stampin' Up!'s Exclusive Alphabet Simple Bigz Dies. I cut my "m" twice. First in Welcome Neighbor paper and second in On Board Chipboard. Precise fit and 3-D vavoom!
BUILD-A-BEAR SPECIAL OFFER! For every $20 spent on products from the Stampin' Up! Build-A-Bear Workshop
Collection, receive a coupon (item 121105) for $5 off a $25 purchase at
any Build-A-Bear Workshop store. Ends April 30, 2010.
STILL GOING STRONG: Sale-A-Bration (thru March 31).
For every $50 you spend on Stampin' Up! products, you will receive a
free Sale-A-Bration stamp set (over 80 gift options), the
amazing new Scallop Trim Punch or darling Welcome Home Designer Series Paper (used with today's card). Click here to view the Sale-A-Bration Catalog.
NOTE: All Build-A-Bear products used are available in the Occasions Mini on pp. 39 & 40. However, not all images are shown.
Stamp Set: Beary Nice Wishes (118050, interior sentiment not shown), Tiny Tags (118091 Wood-Mount, 118592 Clear-Mount–tiny flower behind door)
Paper: Welcome Neighbor Designer Series Paper (Sale-A-Bration), Bermuda Bay Designer Series Paper (115684), Bermuda Bay Textured Card Stock (115538, Assorted In Colors), Pumpkin Pie (105117), More Mustard (100946), Chocolate Chip (102128), Very Vanilla (101650), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Up! Marker (105115)
Cool Tools: Stampin' Up! Bear Bigz Die (117977), Stampin' Up! Beary Essentials Bigz Die (117978), Stampin' Up! Beary Lovely Sizzlits Die (117987), Stampin' Up! Beary Girl Sizzlits Die (117982), Boho Blossoms Punch (110711), Large (107305) and Small (107304) Oval Punches, 1/4" Hole Punch (retired), Big Shot Die-Cut Machine (113439), Stampin' Up! Alphabet Simple Bigz Dies (115960)
The Perfect Touch: Circle Rhinestone Brads (109110, Fire), On Board Long Board Sheets (114320), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)