Designing for a teenage boy is at the top of my list of difficult projects. I don't want the result to be too young, too old or too feminine. This week's Pals Paper Arts Challenge is Anything But a Card (PPA26). I thought it was ideal timing to jazz up a Silver Skinny Tin for a teenage boy who is recovering from a nasty illness and hospitalization. A gift card is tucked inside, held firmly in place with Mini Glue Dots.
STAMPIN' PRETTY TIPS:
- Free inspiration is everywhere. I used a page from a CB2 home furnishings catalog for my color palette.
- Alphabet Simple Bigz Dies (a Stampin' Up! exclusive) crop classic lower case letters in chipboard and textured Old Olive card stock. They layer for a perfect fit.
- The circle (also from Alphabet Simple) converted the "a" to the chipboard "@" sign. A very hip touch suggested by my daughter Caroline. At 16, she's the expert on "hip".
- The remaining Old Olive circle from the ring around the "a" is used to back the sentiment.
- I think the Whimsical Words Sale-A-Bration stamp set (available free with a $50 product order), offers a "spot on" sentiment for this occasion.
- A Real Red Button from Playground Designer Buttons provides a subtle pop of color. I LIKE the fact that it doesn't match the rest of the project.
- Don't recognize the button? Shhhhh, it's flipped over. He'll never know there's a flower on the other side.
Stamp Set: Whimsical Words (118386 Wood-Mount, 119119 Clear-Mount Sale-A-Bration)
Paper: Only Orange Textured (108698, Assorted Bold Brights), Yo Yo Yellow Textured (108698, Assorted Bold Brights), Basic Black Textured (108693, Assorted Neutrals), Old Olive Textured (108697, Assorted Earth Elements)
Ink: Jet Black Stazon (101406)
Cool Tools: Big Shot Die-Cut Machine (113439), Stampin' Up! Alphabet Simple Letters (115960), Star Punch (109045), Large Star Punch (110710), 1 3/4" Circle Punch (112004)
The Perfect Touch: Playground Designer Series Button (116313), On Board Long Board Sheets (114320, (6) 5 3/4" x 13 3/4" sheets), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Silver Skinny Tin (108333)