Welcome to this week's Mojo Monday sketch challenge (MOJO105). It feels good to be back home with my family again. However, my long weekend in St. George as part of the Stampin' Up! Founder's Circle Retreat was fabulous, inspiring and fun. We got the thumbs up to share some early sneak peeks from the next Occasions Mini Catalog. Stay tuned!
STAMPIN' PRETTY TIPS:
Using the Stampin' Up! In Color Markers, I applied Rich Razzleberry, Dusty Durango and Soft Suede directly to the rubber of the tree leaves. Be sure to "huff" a few times on the inked rubber to moisten before stamping.
- To layer the leaves precisely over the tree trunk, a Stamp-a-ma-jig is your BFF (best friend forever).
- A 1" Circle Punch was a life saver in creating the big scallop border. I used the spiral "leaves" from the Trendy Trees stamp set before punching.
- Experiment with layering punches to produce unique effects. I adore the Word Window Punch layered over the Modern Label Punch. I swooped this clever idea from my Stampin' Pretty Pal, Melissa Young.
- I used the Photo Corners Punch to pop out the top left corner element. It's perfect for creating a quick right angle.
- Think you can't use ribbon on a masculine card? Sure you can. Just keep it clean. It dresses up a card in the way a tie dresses up a suit. Check out more of my masculine card samples.
Stamp Set: Trendy Trees (113258)
Paper: Dusty Durango Designer Series Paper (115689), Dusty Durango (115321), Rich Razzleberry (115316), Soft Suede (115318), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Dusty Durango (115654), Rich Razzleberry (115658), Soft Suede (115657), Stampin' Up! In Color Markers (116329)
Cool Tools: 1" Circle Punch (109046), Modern Label Punch (116630), Word Window Punch (105090), Photo Corners Punch (109042), Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)
The Perfect Touch: Rich Razzleberry 1/2" Polka Dot Ribbon (115613), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)