It's time to play this week's Pals Paper Arts challenge (PPA3), the brainchild of my downline, the Stampin' Pretty Pals. PPA3 is an inspiration challenge based on this "back to school" photo. For full details on how to play along and plenty of inspiration samples, click here.
All new products in the Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini Catalog will be available for customer purchase on September 1. One of the benefits of being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator is that I get to see and order the Holiday Mini goodies in advance. Want to pre-order and receive discounts on Stampin' Up! products? Check out these Starter Kit bonus promotions (ending Aug. 31).
One of my favorite stamp sets from the Holiday Mini is Sweet Centers. It offers a balloon, heart, petals/leaves and Halloween stamp, all of which coordinate with the new Sweet Treats clear plastic cups and padded envelopes. So cool!
- I stamped the base of the balloon from Sweet Centers in Jet Black Stazon on the Write Stuff Specialty Paper.
- The 1 3/4" Circle Punch creates just the right size circle to add the Sweet Treat Cup. The lip of the cup is buried beneath the designer paper.
- I added jelly beans to the cup and layered it over Crushed Curry card stock.
- I inked up the balloon basket in Crushed Curry and stamped it on Whisper White. Using Paper Snips, I cropped the basket and adhered it with a couple Stampin' Dimensionals.
- The striped rug in the photo inspired me to layered strips of Ruby Red Textured card stock over Night of Navy Textured card stock.
- Crushed Curry Polka Dot 1/2" Grosgrain Ribbon is wrapped around the navy layer before it was adhered to a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Whisper White card base.
- The sentiment is from Chit Chat Rub-Ons. TIP: Rub-ons transfer with ease onto Night of Navy Textured card stock. This example of white text on dark card stock reminds me of the chalkboard in the inspiration photo.
- Both the flower and rectangle (under the sentiment) are die cuts from the Write Stuff Specialty Paper. I love how this set offers pretty patterns and colors (Ruby Red, Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Old Olive) and delightful elements for quick accents.
COMING UP: More Holiday Mini Catalog Sneak Peeks . . . Night and Day Designer Series Paper promises to "wow" you!
Stamp Set: Sweet Centers (116521, Holiday Mini, available September 1)
Paper: Night of Navy Textured Card Stock (108696, Assorted Rich Regals), Ruby Red Textured Card Stock (106527, Assorted Earth Elements), Crushed Curry (115319), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Jet Black Stazon (101406), Crushed Curry (115659)
Cool Tools: 1 3/4" Circle Punch (112004), Paper Snips (103579)
The Perfect Touch: Crushed Curry 1/2" Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (115614), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Sweet Treat Cups (116802), Sweet Treat Padded Envelopes (116911), Chit Chat Rub-Ons (111804)