I Love to Play at PPA! I'm so excited to reveal this week's Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge (PPA2) at www.PalsPaperArts.com. The sketch was created by Margaret Moody of my Stampin' Up! virtual downline, the Stampin' Pretty Pals.
This card will be a special surprise for my 15 year old daughter, Caroline, when she starts her new high school (as a sophomore) in Tucson next week. The Friends Rock stamp set is very teenager-friendly.
- The sentiment was inked in Basic Black and stamped on Whisper White card stock.
- Using Stampin' Up! Markers in Summer Sun and Cameo Coral, I dolled up the letters with color.
- A couple Red Circle Rhinestone Brads add a splashy bit of bling.
- The small butterfly is from Flight of the Butterfly. It's inked in Basic Black and stamped on Cameo Coral card stock.
- The butterfly was snipped out. TIP: Stampin' Up! Paper Snips (103579) are perfect for tiny detail work like this. It's adhered with a Mini Glue Dot (103683).
- The image was adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals to Cameo Coral and Tempting Turquoise card stock.
- Pink Flamingo Designer Series Paper was layered over Basic Black.
- The 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Whisper White base was cropped on the front and back lower corners with a Corner Rounder Punch.
- 1" circles of Summer Sun and Tempting Turquoise are tucked in for a bold scallop border.
- A snippet of Tempting Turquoise 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon contributes the final polish.
Want to be one of the Stampin' Pretty Pals? CLICK HERE.
Stamp Set: Friends Rock (113816), Flight of the Butterfly (111564)
Paper: Pink Flamingo Designer Series (113976), Whisper White (100730), Tempting Turquoise (102067), Summer Sun (103124), Basic Black (102851)
Ink: Basic Black (101179), Stampin' Up! Markers: Summer Sun (100077) and Cameo Coral (100074)
Cool Tools: 1" Circle Punch (109046), Corner Rounder Punch (109047)
The Perfect Touch: Tempting Turquoise 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (109038), Circle Rhinestone Brads (109110, Fire), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)