Welcome to another round of Mojo Monday (MOJO99). I'm a lucky stamper to be able to see Julee Tilman's mojo-licious sketches in advance. Better yet, I can design my own version and share with you every Monday morning at 7:00 a.m. CST. Click here and scroll to see past Mojo sketches.
This card is for my nephew's "30-something" birthday. It incorporates three coordinating patterns from the Stampin' Up! Autumn Traditions Designer Series Paper. The colors (Elegant Eggplant, Soft Suede, Ruby Red, More Mustard, Always Artichoke) and style are clean and masculine. Textured card stock gives the card a rich texture. Click here for more masculine samples.
- This exquisite sketch is multi-layered, I'll start at the top layer and work my way to the bottom.
- The sentiment, from Upsy Daisy, is inked in Always Artichoke and stamped on Very Vanilla.
- I used Stampin' Up!'s Paper Piercer and Template to decorate the border.
- The sentiment is adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals on a rectangle of Ruby Red Textured card stock.
- I added three Always Artichoke Brads. TIP: The Paper Piercer and Template come in handy for creating perfectly aligned holes for your brads.
- A More Mustard Autumn Traditions pattern arrives next. I cropped Ruby Red Textured card stock with a Round Tab Punch and adhered it to the top.
- For a special touch, I snipped out the leaf from the Autumn Traditions paper and adhered it with a Stampin' Dimensional to the tab. TIP: Stampin' Up!'s Paper Snips (103579) are divine for doing detailed cutting.
- A strip of Always Artichoke Textured card stock is tucked behind.
- Per the Mojo sketch, I added Autumn Traditions over Elegant Eggplant on the right and Elegant Eggplant Textured card stock over Always Artichoke Textured card stock on the left.
- The 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Elegant Eggplant Textured card base was scored on the side. It's topped with a handsome stripe from Autumn Traditions.
There's still time to play this week's Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge. Pals Artist Picks (three shining examples from the challenge) will be announced on Wednesday, at 5:00 a.m. CST.
COMING UP! Are you ready for some Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini Sneak Peeks? Stay tuned.
Stamp Set: Upsy Daisy (111710)
Paper: Autumn Traditions Designer Series Paper (115668), Very Vanilla (101650), Ruby Red Textured (108696, Assorted Earth Elements), Elegant Eggplant Textured (108696, Assorted Rich Regals), Always Artichoke Textured (108696, Assorted Rich Regals)
Ink: Always Artichoke (105219)
Cool Tools: Paper Piercer (116631), Template (105826, Mat Pack), Round Tab Punch (108340), Paper Snips (103579)
The Perfect Touch: Artichoke Brads (106953, Rich Regals), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)