Does this sketch look familiar? I liked the Splitcoast Sketch Challenge (SC241) so much this week that I tried the layout again. However, it's easy to see how different colors, paper and stamps add up to an entirely different look. Today's sneak peeks include a new single stamp, Gobble Gobble, and Autumn Meadows Designer Series Paper.
- Stampin' Up! Markers are the worker bees of the day. Really Rust and More Mustard were applied with the "paintbrush" end of the marker directly to the rubber of this proud turkey. TIP: Not only could I get multi-color images using markers, I "excluded" the "give thanks" sentiment by leaving it un-inked.
- Using a Chocolate Chip Marker, I "tipped" the ends of the feathers for extra definition. TIP: Huff on the inked rubber a few times to keep it moist before stamping.
- Opposing corners were cropped with a Corner Rounder Punch.
- A Sponge Dauber and Chocolate Chip ink give the edges an antiqued look, to mirror the feel of the designer paper.
- Chocolate Chip Taffeta is wrapped around the base. TIP: Taffeta is my favorite Stampin' Up! ribbon. There are eight pretty colors that are easy to tie and cut very cleanly.
- Three 1/2" Circles were popped out of Really Rust, Taken with Teal and More Mustard Textured card stock.
- The turkey panel (3 3/4" x 2") was layered on Really Rust, also cropped on opposing corners.
- Two patterns from Stampin' Up!'s Holiday Mini Autumn Meadows Designer Series Paper were layered over rectangles of Taken with Teal. Aren't these colors (Taken with Teal, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Very Vanilla) and patterns lovely? TIP: There's a coordinating stamp set, Autumn Splendor, in the Holiday Mini, too! You'll see it soon 🙂
- The patterned paper panels were layered over a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base in More Mustard card stock.
- The Gobble, Gobble sentiment (part of the turkey stamp) gets in the show by being brushed with a Taken with Teal Marker (not inking the turkey . . . nifty :). I stamped it on Taken with Teal and gave it a little freedom with a Small Oval Punch. TIP: The tone on tone look of matching ink and card stock is so sophisticated.
- The sentiment received a little 3-D action with the help of a couple Stampin' Dimensionals.
I LOVE TO PLAY AT PPA! Be sure to check out this week's Pals Paper Arts Inspiration Challenge.
Stamp Set: Gobble Gobble (116535, available September 1)
Paper: Autumn Meadows (116769, available September 1), More Mustard (100946), More Mustard Textured (108697, Assorted Earth Elements), Taken with Teal (101584), Taken with Teal Textured (108696, Assorted Rich Regals), Really Rust (100661), Really Rust Textured (108697, Assorted Earth Elements), Very Vanilla (101650)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (100908), Stampin' Up! Markers: Taken with Teal (100068), Really Rust (100073), Chocolate Chip (100071), More Mustard (100076)
Cool Tools: Corner Rounder Punch (109047), Small Oval Punch (107304), 1/2" Circle Punch (104390), Sponge Daubers (102892)
The Perfect Touch: Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon (109065), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)