Many of you have asked me about the construction of my purse handle on my post earlier today. Here's a photo of the back and instructions. If you have more questions, please leave me a comment below.
Carolina Buchting was my original inspiration for the purse when I created it last April. Click for my previous top note purse. Carolina's tutorial is HERE.
- The handle was cut with the Bigz Top Note Die.
- It's 3.5" wide (the short length of the Top Note).
- I folded it in half and cut off the excess, leaving one and 1 7/8" from where I cut to the top peak of the handle.
- The two handle pieces were adhered to each other.
- I punched out the opening using the Small Oval Punch
- I scored the base of the handle at 1/2" the long way so that the handle would be flexible on the back curve of the pillow box and sit straight up and down.
I have also seen examples where the Top Note is tucked inside so there is no flap on the back. I don't have the engineering on that but it's probably a simple modification.