As soon as I saw the stamp set "Chic Boutique" in the new Stampin' Up! 2009-2010 Idea Book and Catalog, I knew I "needed" it. The images (below) are charming and versatile. However, I questioned how I would use the dress form. Well, this the first card I have made with Chic Boutique and that's exactly the image I grabbed. Go figure.
- My inspiration commenced with this Clean & Simple Challenge, FTL 52. I stamped the dress form twice, first on Nouveau Chic Designer Series Paper and next on Very Vanilla.
- The Nouveau Chic version was snipped out and adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals over the Vanilla image.
- The sweet fringe was begging for bling. I added silver beads to the fringe and waist. TIP: I put a tiny drop of glue on the image and "stabbed" the bead with a Paper Piercer. Placing the bead on the drop of glue, I carefully slid the bead off the Piercer. I have found this is the easiest way for me to adhere beads and control placement.
- Stampin' Up!'s Apricot Appeal Marker steps up for some detail work on the dress stand.
- A Basic Black Marker is responsible for the free hand doodling around the border.
- The image was layered on Apricot Appeal and Basic Black, shaped with a Scallop Border Punch.
- May favorite pattern from the Nouveau Chic Designer Series hovers in the background, layered over Apricot Appeal and a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card base in Very Vanilla.
- TIP: Stampin' Up!'s designer series paper collections take the guess work out of mixing and matching patterns. The colors in the Nouveau Chic collection include: Sage Shadow, Basic Black, Basic Gray, Apricot Appeal.
- The sentiment was inked in Jet Black Stazon and stamped on Apricot Appeal. It's matted on Basic Black.
- The final touch is a combination of two sweet flowers punched from the Boho Flower Punch. The larger flower utilizes the same designer pattern as the dress. The top flower is Textured Apricot Appeal.
- TIP: A Black Brad and Stampin' Dimensionals add plenty of zip to the flower accent.
Want to see more samples using new products from the Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog? CLICK HERE!
STAY TUNED! Ooh la la . . . I can't wait to share the new Stampin' Pretty Pals challenge blog. Mark your calendar for the launch on July 30 (at 5:00 a.m. CST). I'll be publishing my first entry at that time (thank goodness for scheduled posts) and sharing the link with you to the new blog, first challenge and our inspiration samples. You'll "Love to Play @ PPA!"
Stamp Set: Chic Boutique (113744)
Paper: Nouveau Chic Designer Series (115670), Basic Black (103851), Apricot Appeal (105124), Apricot Appeal Textured (108695, Soft Subtles Assorted), Very Vanilla (101650)
Ink: Jet Black Stazon (101406), Stampin' Up! Markers: Apricot Appeal (105107), Basic Black (100082)
Cool Tools: Scallop Border Punch (112091), Boho Blossoms Punch (110711), Paper Piercer (116631)
The Perfect Touch: Black Brad (109109, Vintage Brads), Silver Duo Beads (110733), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)