Welcome to another round of the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge (MOJO97). I'm thrilled to be part of the Mojomaker team and be able to introduce you to the latest sketch and my interpretation of it each Monday morning. I hope you are inspired and decide to play along!
- Using a Circle Scissor Plus, I cut a 2 3/8" Whisper White circle and "dialed up" and cut a 2 1/2" Orchid Opulence circle. This amazing tool makes perfect circles and mats from 1" to 6".
- The newly released stamp set, Herb Expressions, has lovely sentiments (and images) for many occasions. I inked up the "happiness" sentiment in Rich Razzleberry ink and was assisted by a Stamp-a-ma-jig in precisely placing the sentiment on the Whisper White Circle.
- Using the Mojo Sketch, I layered patterns from the new Cottage Wall Designer Paper over a Whisper White card base (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"). TIP: The Stampin' Up! Cottage Wall Designer Series includes the following colors: Old Olive, Orchid Opulence and Rich Razzleberry. It's gorgeous.
- TIP: To blend the two patterns, I layered a strip of Orchid Opulence Textured card stock on the "seam."
- One of the new darlings of the Stampin' Up! 2009-2010 Idea Book and Catalog is the Butterfly Punch. It coordinates beautifully with the Flight of the Butterfly stamp set.
- I inked the polka dot butterfly image from Flight of the Butterfly in Rich Razzleberry and stamped on another pattern from Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper. TIP: Stamping on patterned paper produces a chic, custom look.
- The Butterfly Punch precisely cropped the image.
- I cut a sliver of Rich Razzleberry and assembled it for tiny antenna on the butterfly. The butterfly is attached to the card with a couple Mini Glue Dots. They hold my fluttery friend firmly by the middle but keep the wings free to move.
- The top left corner is accented by Rich Razzleberry and Orchid Opulence Textured card stock, shaped with the Photo Corners Punch.
- Two Whisper White Jumbo Brads were added. For a bonus "wow," I stamped the small flower from the Always stamp set in Old Olive twice. The images were popped out with a 1/2" Circle Punch and adhered to to brads.
Stamp Set: Herb Expressions (113224), Flight of the Butterfly (111564), Always (113620)
Paper: Cottage Wall Designer Series (115671), Orchid Opulence Textured Card Stock (108698, Bold Brights Assortment), Rich Razzleberry Textured Stock (115538, In Colors Assortment), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Rich Razzleberry (115658), Old Olive (102277)
Cool Tools: Butterfly Punch (116629), 1/2" Circle Punch (104390), Photo Corners Punch (109042), Circle Scissor Plus (112530), Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)
The Perfect Touch: Jumbo Brads (112533, Neutrals), Mini Glue Dots (103683)