- The card base is in beautiful Brocade Blue Textured card stock. It's 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" scored on the top. Rich and pretty, Stampin' Up!'s textured card stock makes a simple statement.
- TIP: The bottom corner is cropped with a Corner Rounder Punch (don't forget the same corner in back) to keep the look clean but polished.
- The birds are all in a row on the stamp. Wait until you see the row of pumpkins and cupcakes in the same set.
- TIP: I stamped my birds on Whisper White card stock with Jet Black Stazon ink, my favorite for a crisp and dark image.
- The birds were stamped again on Brocade Blue and Ruby Red card stock. With the help of my Paper Snips, the birds emerged from the Brocade and hearts from the Ruby.
- The blue and red "pieces" were glued over the original row of birds. I added a splash of Crushed Curry to the beaks with my new In Color Marker in the same color (available July 1). It's fantastic having markers in all the new In Colors.
- Our Creative Corner has a challenge brewing this week to use Border Punches. Using Crushed Curry Textured card stock, I produced this lovely border with Stampin' Up!'s Eyelet Border Punch.
- TIP: When using textured card stock with a border punch (including Stampin' Up!'s Scallop Border Punch, 112091), flip the textured side down when punching. Sometimes I get a little mark on the textured card stock from the punch. Placing the texture face down puts the potential mark on the untextured (buried) side.
- I backed the border and image with Ruby Red Textured card stock.
- "Love Always" is from Chit Chat Rub-Ons. TIP: Stampin' Up's rub-ons are easy to use, produce a crisp image and layer beautifully over textured card stock. I'm so glad these rub-ons aren't retiring. They offer options for almost every occasion.
- Three Ruby Red brads (Earth Elements Brads) line up for a little splash next to the sentiment.
- The final touch is Stampin' Up!'s Crushed Curry Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (available July 1).
Stamp Set: The More the Merrier (115322, Hostess Level 3, available July 1)
Paper: Brocade Blue Textured (108696, Brocade Blue (101166), Ruby Red Textured (108697), Ruby Red (102030), Crushed Curry Textured (115538, available July 1), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Jet Black Stazon (101406), Crushed Curry Stampin' Up! Marker (116329, set of 6 In Colors, available July 1)
Cool Tools: Eyelet Border Punch (113692), Corner Rounder Punch (109047), Paper Snips (103579)
The Perfect Touch: Ruby Red Brads (106955, Earth Elements Brads), Crushed Curry 1/2" Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (115614, available July 1), Chit Chat Rub-Ons (111804)