A birthday mom doesn't even know as she's reading this post that this gift certificate from her daughter is destined for her. Hee Hee!. Want the perfect gift for a new or seasoned stamper? I create original gift certificates for Stampin' Up! merchandise (redeemable thru me). Last minute virtual options available, too. Click here for gift certificate details!
The pocket style was inspired by the "just because" card (below) from my stamping buddy, Sandy. As you can see, this pull style pocket card works for any occasion (watch for a recipe card in the future). The interior card "swivels" to reveal your personal message.
And the best part, it's very easy.
- I scored a 4 1/4" x 12" piece of Stampin' Up! Tea Party Designer Paper at 3", 8 1/4" and 11 1/4".
- Place the designer paper with the side you want to show face down (ahhhh, 2 sided paper, so many splendid decisions 🙂
- Fold the 3" score toward you (which will be the front) and adhere.
- From the bottom, fold the 8 1/4" score toward you and tuck in the remaining score at 11 1/4". Attach to create the pocket. Voil?!
- I added a piece of coordinating So Saffron Textured card stock, shaped with a Eyelet Border Punch.
- The sentiment is from One of a Kind stamp set, inked in Almost Amethys and stamped on Whisper White.
- I cropped "for you" with a Large Oval Punch. TIP: Sponging on the edges in Almost Amethyst adds depth. A bit of So Saffron was added with a Stampin' Up! Marker.
- The Large Oval layers perfectly on a Scallop Oval Punch (available exclusively in the Occasions Mini Catalog) in Almost Amethyst card stock. Click to Download Occasions Mini Catalog.
- The interior card combines another pretty pattern from Tea Party Designer Series and Whisper White. The two pieces of each were whipped through my Big Shot Die-Cut machine with the Bigz Top Note Die. This creates the front (which you can see) and white interior (which you can't because it has the recipient's name).
- Using a Crop-A-Dile, I punched through the top of both layers. I added a Pewter Jumbo Eyelet to the top layer. This creates a swivel in combination with the Certainly Celery 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, threaded through both holes.
- I sure haven't regretted purchasing the Bigz Beautiful Butterflies Die. Instant wow on any card! My fluttery friend is dressed in the same Tea Party Designer Series Paper as the outside card (after a "flight" though the Big Shot).
- TIP: Did you know you can remove the rhinestones from Stampin' Up!'s Circle Rhinestone Brads? I didn't want these sweet purple sparklers to show on the inside of the card. I simply pulled back the "legs' of the brad and lifted the tiny metal tabs to give the rhinestone new freedom and possibilities. TIP: They cling to the butterfly using Mini Glue Dots.
- I lined the envelope with a bit more DP. Very purdy.
My inspiration was from this wonderful pocket card from my friend, Sandy Grupka.
ENDS MAY 31! Don't miss Stampin' Up!'s Buy 3 Get 1 FREE special on the Designer Paper and Textured card stock I used (plus all the other textured colors and designer styles). Click to order on-line.
Stamp Set: One of a Kind (113624)
Paper: Tea Party Designer Series (113922), So Saffron Textured (108696), Whisper White (100730), Almost Amethyst (102158)
Ink: Almost Amethyst (101723), Stampin' Up! So Saffron Marker (105114)
Cool Tools: Big Shot Die-Cut Machine (113439), Bigz Top Note Die (113463), Bigz Beautiful Butterflies (114507) Die, Large Oval Punch (107305), Scallop Oval Punch (114889, Occasions Mini Catalog), Eyelet Border Punch (113692), Crop-A-Dile (108362), Sponges (101610)
The Perfect Touch: Pewter Jumbo Eyelet (108432), Circle Rhinestone Brads (109111, Ice), Certainly Celery 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (109031), Mini Glue Dots (103693)