Versatile sentiments combine with the "Three Little Words" stamp for a sophisticated appeal. That's the focus for my card today which relies on this sketch by my friend, Silke, and the Our Creative Corner Challenge.
TIP: A sketch challenge is a starting point. I never hesitate to take a few artistic liberties to make a layout work with the stamps I want to use. Note how my circle element is larger than the sketch and I popped up the "T" in "Three" to replace the star.
- Using Stampin' Up! Taken With Teal and Garden Green Markers, color the flower image, huff to keep the ink moist and stamp on Whisper White card stock (1 1/8" x 3 5/8").
- Stamp the flower only a second time in Taken With Teal on Whisper White and snip out. TIP: I favor Paper Snips for cutting fine details.
- Mat this panel over layers of Garden Green and Taken With Teal card stock, each 1/8" larger.
- My Whisper White card base is 4.25 x 5.5 and scored at the top
- I layered Stampin' Up!'s Flock Together Designer Series Paper and Taken With Teal over the card base.
- Three of the large Circle Rhinestones from the Ice collection give the top right a dose of bling.
- A Circle Scissor Plus made quick work of the circle element, using both Flock Together Designer Paper (2 5/8" diameter) and Whisper White (2 3/4" diameter) below. It's so easy to make clean circles with this tool from 1" to 6" (although I still typically use my circle punches for sizes below 2"). TIP: Check out my tips for using the Circle Scissor Plus here.
- The sentiment was stamped twice on Flock Together Designer Paper. Using Paper Snips, the "T" was cropped out and given a little 3-D with slivers of Stampin' Dimensionals.
- The bottom corner is dolled up with a medium Circle Rhinestone Brad and rounded corner.
TIP: Finished card interiors are a big trend. I used Taken With Teal
Ink for the sentiment. More Flock Together Designer Paper and a Eyelet
Border in Garden Green complete the look.
Earn a Free Gift! Stampin' Up!'s Get Connected Campaign ends April 30!
Stamp Set: Three Little Words (113254)
Paper: Flock Together Designer Series (114018), Taken With Teal (101584), Garden Green (102584), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Taken With Teal Ink Pad (103257) and Taken With Teal Stampin' Up! Marker, (100068) Garden Green Stampin' Up! Marker (100080)
Cool Tools: Corner Rounder Punch (109047), Paper Snips (103579), Eyelet Border Punch (113692)
The Perfect Touch: Circle Rhinestone Brads (109111, Ice), Circle Scissor Plus (1125310, Glass Mat (112531), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)