Holiday Blitzen

Stampin up best wishes and more reindeer final

Just as I promised, today continues my holiday blitz of ideas, with gift tags, envelopes and boxes in the Stampin' Pretty crystal ball.  Quick reminder that my Blog Candy Giveaway ends on Nov. 5 at noon, CST.  Be sure to play along!  I'll announce a winner shortly thereafter.

To kick things off for today's card, Stampin' Up!'s Best Wishes & More snowflake was inked in Close to Cocoa and stamped on Very Vanilla.  TIP:  I felt cocoa would be a bit softer color than the "match" of Chocolate Chip and wouldn't compete as much with the Chocolate Chip Rub-Ons.

Using a 1 1/4" Circle Punch, the snowflake was transformed into an ornament and matted on a 1 3/8" Circle of Chocolate Chip.  A stick-on red rhinestone sparkles at the center of each ornament and Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon adds the impression of hanging decorations.  I got this fun idea from Kim, one of the Stampin' Pretty Pals, in my Stampin' Up! demonstrator group

The 4.25 x 5.5 Riding Hood Red card base is topped with Very Vanilla. I clipped the bottom right corner using a Corner Rounder Punch.  Stampin' Up!'s Word Flurries Rub-Ons shout out the names of the reindeer along the top in Chocolate Chip (also comes with an identical sheet of images in Whisper White).

S7302851-1
Riding Hood Red card stock gets "roughed up" using Stampin' Up!'s Tearing Edge.  TIP:  I like things precise, so when I tear . . . I like it (boringly) consistent.  The Tearing Edge is the COOL TOOL for me.  It's easy to use and offers two different edge treatments.  Just line up your card stock and pull along the edge of your choice.  Zip zippity.

I cropped the right corner of the Riding Hood Red with a Corner Rounder Punch. The sleigh and reindeer are from Word Flurries Rub-On's.  I dotted the sleigh with stick-on red rhinestones to mirror the centers of the ornaments.  Razzle dazzle.   A big clear button with a snippet of hemp twine jazzes up the left corner.

TIP:  Promotion alert!  20% discount on all Stampin' Up! Rub-Ons, beginning Nov. 10 – Nov. 30 (with a minimum purchase of $20).  Discount will be available for on-line orders, too.

Do you have a favorite Stampin' Up! Rub-On set? I'm using all the holiday selections (Word Flurries, Season of Cheer and Old Saint Nick) like mad. Leave a comment at the end of this post for all to share.

Signature

To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

Stamp Set:  Best Wishes & More (111602)
Paper:  Riding Hood Red (111348), Very Vanilla (101650)
Ink:  Close to Cocoa (103139)
Cool Tools:  Tearing Edge (102930), 1 1/4" (104403) and 1 3/8" Circle Punch (104401), Corner Rounder Punch (109047)
The Perfect Touch:  Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon (111365), Word Flurries Rub-Ons (111417), Clear Button (105447), Stampin' Dimensionals 104430), Hemp Twine (100982), Stick-On Rhinestones (Non-SU)

Best wishes & more

23 thoughts on “Holiday Blitzen”

1. AHHHH! I’m to late, that’s OK. I really do not need any more stuff. Who am I kidding we all need more stuff.HA Love this card Mary. Going to VB regional and this is the set we are receiving. So it nice to see some thing made with it. Hugs Sam

2. AHHHH! I’m to late, that’s OK. I really do not need any more stuff. Who am I kidding we all need more stuff.HA Love this card Mary. Going to VB regional and this is the set we are receiving. So it nice to see some thing made with it. Hugs Sam

3. Gorgeous!!!! I love it and the colors are beautiful. I would have never known that you used rub-ons. I love it!

4. I think this reindeer and sleigh image would have looked SOO pretty as a stamp! I think this rub-on pack is gorgeous, but it was unfortunately not offered in French so I had to pass on it.

I have my old Yuletide Montage Santa stamp that I can ink with a marker to only get the sleigh and reindeer image which is a close match, I guess…

Cindy

5. I love the reindeer! I’m glad I have the same Rub-On’s and I can’t wait to use them on this cleverly created card.

6. I love the brown on the Christmas card and the subtle clear button. You are amazing and so thoughtful to share your talent with us. My best, Wendy

7. Wow Mary~
    More fabulous ideas to put all the great items from the Holiday Mini to use!
    Very motivating…great job.
    Thanks..again!
    jana

8. WHAAAAAAAAAAT!! actually USE my rub-ons? aaaaargh. i mean, they only give you ONE of each. sigh. loved your clear square button. ask me (NOT!!!) how many of these i have left from my original purchase three years ago. sigh. GORGEOUS card!!!
    blessings, jo ann.

9. Great card!! I love how you incorporated so many different elements… yet kept a simple elegance. Keep em coming!

10. as usual you blew me away with this card. But I did notice that you corner rounded only one side. Pretty neat. And different! That is almost the first thing my eyes went to.

And I love the different colors of brown that you used. Looks perfect.

11. Mary,
    Once again, you have created the most beautiful card! Thanks for being the one of the bright spots in my day!

Karen H

12. What a terrific card. I would never think to use brown for a Christmas card but this is just gorgeous. You are amazingly talented!

13. Wow – what a beautiful card. Once again, an amazing job!

I love the Season of Cheer Rubons, but I have yet to use the one set I do own – the friendship ones =)

14. This is really nice. The red is transformed by pairing with the browns for a twist on traditional colors. You really are amazing with the rub-ons…you pair them very well with stamps.

15. A favorite rub-on set? ALL of them!! I hoard them like a mad woman. Make it stop…

Luckily, I have mentors like you who enable me to use them.

I LOVE this card to death. The color combo is fabulous (big red fan here) and those snowflakes pop off my screen.

16. Of course I love your take on the SIMPLE card that I did!!! So cute and as you know I was working on my own reindeer card 🙂 Great minds I tell ya 🙂