This Baja Breeze-y window gets its WOW from two popped up Baja Breeze shutters–an instant 3-D effect. The Window Dressing set (Hostess Level 3) will be available this
Monday, Aug. 11 when the Fall/Winter catalog is released. Aug. 11 is
going to be an enormous and exciting day for all of us. Many terrific promotions
will be announced in conjunction with the release. Please see below
for some hints of what you can expect.
I love the combination of Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red and Barely Banana and have had card stock samples of each on my desk for days just trying to come up with the right card. When I saw today's layout challenge on Splitcoast (SC188), I knew I had found the right sketch to mingle these colors. TIP: All Splitcoast Daily Challenges are listed on my right side bar.
I stamped the window in Basic Black on Stampin' Up!'s watercolor paper (the best I have found). A Stamp-a-ma-jig enabled me to place the flower stamp perfectly in the window and the sentiment above. Using blender pens and a Barely Banana marker, I added color to the window and flowers. TIP: Note that I didn't color the tiny leaves green, always a temptation . . . I liked the image as more of an illustration and preferred the clean look of plain leaves.
A Circle Rhinestone Brad (Fire Collection) seemed like just the bling for the top of the window. TIP: Using a the new Scallop Edge Punch, Baja Breeze card stock and a Bitty Backgrounds stamp (Basic Black), a valance was tailored in a flash. I stamped the window again on Baja Breeze to create the shutters which I snipped out and mounted using Stampin' Dimensionals. The final touch on this panel was some free hand doodles, done simply with a Basic Black Marker.
The main panel is layered over Riding Hood Red and Baja Breeze card stock. BRIGHT IDEA: Create your own custom color ribbon. Using Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, you can enjoy ribbon to match any ink color! I smushed it (carefully to avoid an inky mess) in my Baja Breeze ink pad. This can also be accomplished using a reinker. TIP: Be sure to let the ribbon dry thoroughly or it will weep through to the paper. I used my Heat Tool to speed up the process (patience isn't my virtue). The whole little package gets wrapped up with the beautiful Baja Breeze Ribbon using the Stay Put Bow method.
The card base is 5.5 x 4.25". I layered Riding Hood Red card stock on top that traveled through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. Likewise, I ran some Barely Banana through, cut it to into two triangles and mounted it on Baja Breeze card stock.
Hugs and Baja Breezies . . . . Mary
YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS AUG. 11!! I'll have all the details here on Stampin' Pretty.
- Aug. 11 marks the on-line release of the new Stampin' Up! Fall/Winter Idea Book and Catalog, at 1:00 CST. I'll be standing by ready to offer it on my blog as soon as possible.
- Fall/Winter on-line catalog orders may be placed by clicking here when the catalog is up.
- I will post the new on-line Stampin' Up! Sampler Catalog early (for you reading pleasure while we wait for the full collection).
- 10 brand new die cut stamps will go on sale for 15% off, no further purchase necessary
- NEW! 3 Mini Demonstrator Starter Kits will be available for $99 each (a stamping hobbyist's dream). Ask me about joining the Stampin' Pretty Pals, my virtual demonstrator downline.
- Your choice of any stamp set in the Fall/Winter catalog with a purchase of the full Starter Kit ($199, already a 40% savings)
- Fall/Winter Catalog Card Gallery
Stamp Sets: Window Dressing (Hostess Level III), Bitty Backgrounds
Paper: Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Barely Banana, Watercolor Paper
Ink: Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, Stampin' Up! Barely Banana and Basic Black Markers
Cool Tools: Blender Pen, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Crop-A-Dile
The Perfect Touch: White Taffeta Ribbon, Circle Rhinestone Brad (Fire), Stampin' Dimensionals