Parisian Dreams Gate Fold Card

Stampin up parisian dreams

You're going to see plenty more of this new Designer Series Paper.  Parisian Summer is one of my favorites.  The colors in the pack are ooo la la . . . So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy, Sahara Sand and Pink Pirouette.  My stamping diva niece, Kris, at Kween Bee Kreations, created this helpful download of Stampin' Up!'s current Designer Series Paper and their coordinating colors.  Thanks, Kris.  I have added it to my list of "Links I Love" on my right side bar.

Gate cards are incredibly easy and this one opens up to a Stampin' Up! gift certificate from me.  I began with a 4.25 x 8.5" piece of So Saffron Textured card stock.  It's scored and folded at 2 1/8" and 6 3/8".

I next cut this yummy Parisian Designer Series paper into two 1 7/8" x 4" panels.  TIP:  Before they were adhered to the So Saffron base, I added some extra card stock behind them to add a little heft and help bury the So Saffron Brads I used to accent the corners.  It felt too "bumpy" without the card stock backing (kind of like the "Princess and the Pea" . . . I could feel them and would lose sleep over it . . . hah!).  TIP:  The brads were aligned using my Paper Piercer and Template.

I stamped the Dreams du Jour stamp in Bravo Burgundy on Very Vanilla card stock and used So Saffron and Mellow Moss Stampin' Up! markers to add color.  I stamped and colored the image again, snipping out the largest flower.  It was popped up on a dimensional.  Some delightful stick-on pearls add some glamour.

The image was die cut and embossed using nestabilities ovals and my Big Shot die cutting machine.  It's matted on Bravo Burgundy card stock, also shaped using the scalloped oval from nestabilities set.  Using a horizontal slot punch, the oval image became a ribbon slide.  It's attached on the left hand side but the ribbon and knot on the right hold the "gate" closed.  The recipient will untie the knot to reveal the sentiment, note, or in this case a gift certificate inside.

Hugs and Pretties . . . . Mary

Stamp Set:  Dreams du Jour
Paper:  Parisian Summer Designer Series Paper, So Saffron Textured, Very Vanilla
Ink:  Bravo Burgundy, So Saffron and Mellow Moss Stampin' Up! Markers
Cool Tools:  Big Shot, Nestabilities Ovals, Horizontal Slot Punch, Paper Piercer and Template (Stampin' Up!'s Crafter's Tool Kit)
The Perfect Touch:  Very Vanilla 5/8" Grosgrain, Stampin' Dimensionals, Rich Regals Brads (So Saffron), Stick-On Pearls (Non Stampin' Up!)

10 thoughts on “Parisian Dreams Gate Fold Card”

1. Beautiful card, Mary! I had Parisian summer as a question mark and you’ve sold me! You sold me on Pacific Point a few days ago and now Parisian DSP. My wallet is already crying. LOL Better add a SU! GC to my birthday wish list that I’m making for DH (and my ILs). Can’t wait to see how you feature other Fall/Winter catty products.

2. Your too cute–the “Princess and the Pea”. Bet you would lose sleep over the little bumps. But a great idea though. I don’t care for those bumps either so will remember to add a layer to the DSP. Thanks!
    Pam

3. What a beautiful card, Ms. Mary. Just what I wanted to see today since we are “busy” with Fay, the tropical storm. I’m going to try this fold for sure for the back to school cards for the “little ones” attending school for the first time in our family. Will place the large ABC on the front and 123 on the inside all in primary colors. Thanks again.

4. I love that paper too! Actually, I want all the Designer Paper packs. Very attractive looking card. The little yellow brads finish it off nice. I always like those little extras on a card.

Have a wonderful day Mary!

5. I love this card – the colors are perfect together! Looks like I’ll be needing that designer paper, too. Absolutely love what you did with this one, Mary!

6. Thanks for the “shout out” Mary. I LOVE your creation.

That paper is drop dead gorgeous and pairing it with the So Saffron … is … well, let’s just say the work of a GENIUS.