Big Shot Envelope Envy

Stampin up scalloped envelope trio

I'm convinced.  The Big Shot ($99.95) is cutting edge literally and figuratively.  These adorable mini envelopes were created with the Scallop Envelope Bigz Die ($21.95), created exclusively for Stampin' Up!  They're perfect for gift giving and accommodate 2 x 3 cards beautifully.  TIPDies from other manufacturers (including Cuttlebug embossing folders) are compatible with the Big Shot and the new Stampin' Up!dies are compatible with other die cutting systems (Cuttlebug included). The Big Shot and accessories will be available through Stampin' Up! beginning September 2.

Stampin up scallop envelope back
TIP
:  One of my readers recently advised me that current etiquette suggests that a smaller card (dolled up in a mini envelope) is more acceptable for gift giving than a large card.  The Big Shot makes playing by the rules fashionable, fast and fun.  At less than 2 minutes each to assemble (before embellishing), these mini envies easily beat the 10 minute or less requirement for my Stamping 911 category.

So let's learn how to make these little pretties:

Stampin up scalloped envelope big shot

Here's the Big Shot.  It's sturdy, steady and easy to use. You use a series of plates and spacers to get the right pressure for die cutting and embossing.

Stampin up scalloped envelope die cut

This is the Scallop Envelope Bigz Die designed and only offered through Stampin' Up!

Stampin up scalloped envelope plates

To create the "sandwich" for cutting the envelopes, you start with one of the acrylic plates (2 are included with the machine) for the base.  Building from base to top, you next add the scallop envelope die face up, card stock and finish with the second acrylic plate on top.

Stampin up scalloped envelope handle

Turn the handle on the Big Shot to guide the sandwich through and create cutting pressure.

Stampin up scalloped envelope and template

Check out this quick and precise result.  It even creates score lines!

Stampin up scalloped envelope adhered

Fold in the scored sides firstand adhere the bottom flap.  Notice the adorable detailing on the scallops.

I'll be posting the details for all three envelopes tomorrow.  Lots of Stampin' Up!'s new Fall/Winter items were used.  Yes, the bird is another exclusive Stampin' Up! die cut.  Stay tuned 🙂

Hugs and Pretties . . . Mary

16 thoughts on “Big Shot Envelope Envy”

1. I just purchased this diecut and for some reason mine cuts on the side score line area…has anyone else mentioned having a problem with this…could my die be defective…? Help if you can..

Hi Pat:

Thank you for your question.

Your die isn’t defective. The tension has to be just right or a little cutting will occur. I had the same issue–but not everyone does. The cure? Purchase the Crease Pad (113476). For $8.95 it eliminates the problem plus you get even more defined score lines! Hugs, Mary

2. So can the scallop bigz die be used with the cuttlebug?

Hi Liliana:

Yes, the Bigz Die CAN be used with the Cuttlebug and scores and cuts nicely. I have tested it personally. The sandwich is as follows (starting from the bottom)

Cuttlebug B Plate
    Bigz Die face up
    card stock (or designer paper)
    Cuttlebug B Plate

This sandwich is the easiest one yet . . . .I’m starting a little series on the Big Shot 101. Stay tuned. There’a lot of misinformation out there so I have been doing my own research with the Big Shot and Cuttlebug to clear things up.

Hugs,

M

3. Cool little envelope! How easy that is to do. Have fun playing with your Big Shot!!! I can’t wait to see your other creations using this awesome machine.

4. Mary…please stop teasing me! 😉
    No go ahead! I just will have to enjoy seeing all the projects ’til I can afford one!

5. So cool, Mary! Love the ease of use and the final product. I’m still learning how to use my Bug with other dies but I’m glad to hear that the SU envy die will work with the Bug. Will you be able to provide the final dimensions for all of the envelopes tomorrow? Thanks and can’t wait for tomorrow’s post.

6. I am delighted with the peek at the new dies. I’ve had the Big Shot for several years and it works perfectly with my Cuttlebug Folders and my Nestabilities. No need for a lot of additional stuff to use with the system – just the multi-purpose platform with the acrylics will do the trick every time. I’m really looking forward to these products!

7. Love it! This is a must-have die (in my humble opinion). These little cards can find all sorts of uses from large gift tags to kids’ lunchbox notes! Thanks for the great demo.

8. Holy cow! How easy is that! That is so super cool, tfs! That’s neat they even put the score lines in, too! WOW! Hugs, Monica

9. I just “adore” my “old” Big Shot. I have had mine for a few years now and pull it out every now and then. Love the new dies coming out. It works well with the Nestabillities. Just a real “sweetie” of a machine!!! Everything old is new again. With your wonderful ideas the sky is the limit.God is good to you by giving you such talent to share with us all. Thanks, Mary Fish!!!Don’t have that die but must get it soon.