I don't create a lot of whimsical images. However, I saw this charming idea for a turkey using the Scallop Circle Punch (and many more) in my Stampin' Up! demonstrator magazine and had to give it a try.
I used Real Red, Chocolate Chip and Old Olive with the Scallop Circle Punch to create his feathers. Here are the instructions for the fold.
This is a PUNCH BUNCH extravaganza . . . are you ready?
1. Nose: Tip of a Boho Blossom Punch Flower, 110711 (Pumpkin Pie)
2. Face: 3/4" Circle Punch, 107217 (More Mustard Textured)
3. Hat: 3/4" Square Punch, 107273 and 1 1/4" Square Punch, 104400, cut down to a brim (Basic Black)
4. Body: 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 104401 (Chocolate Chip)
5. Buttons: 1/4" Circle Punch, 104942 (Real Red)
6. Feet (I love these): Boho Blossom Flower, 110711 (Pumpkin Pie)
7. Corner: Photo Corner's Punch, 109042 (Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive) and 1/4" Circle, 104942 (Real Red)
8. Scallop Circle Punch, 109043 (Real Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip)
9. Border: Fiskars Border Punch Threading Water (Real Red)
His eyes are Black Micro Brads (www.justbrads.com). The sentiment is from Stampin' Up!'s Warm Words (in dormant but still available, 107123)). Stampin' Dimensionals prop up the Old Olive portion of the Photo Corner and the entire panel for the turkey. He's such a handsome guy
I used a Big Shot Die Cutting Machine and the Cuttlebug Floral Fantasy Embossing Folder in Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Pie to create the background. TIP: If you feel the need for perfectly matched images (my "bad"), line the card stock up in the embossing folder (covering a little over half way, one color at a time, one to the left and the second to the right). Once embossed, trim until the centers match.
This layout is from Taylor's sketch challenge TECC41. The Whisper White card base is 4.25 x 5.5, scored at the top.
Stamp Set: Warm Words (107123)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (100908)
Paper: Whisper White (100730), Old Olive (100702), Real Red (102482), More Mustard (Earth Elements Textured, 108697), Pumpkin Pie (105117), Chocolate Chip (Earth Elements Textured, 108697)
Cool Tools: SU Punches (listed above), Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439), Cuttlebug Floral Fantasy Embossing Folder (www.ucutathome.com)
The Perfect Touch: Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)